Back from BanzaiCon and Norway!
Just got back from Banzai con and my fantastic trip to Norway. I tell you, the Norwegians know how to throw a con!
Some of the highlights of my trip:
- Waking up at 4 am for the train trip to London Stansted
- Paying £70 because when Ryanair says 2 15kg bags, they mean 1 on the way, 1 on the way back.
- Airports make people seriously angry. I was the happiest one there I swear.
- Landing on a run way with 5 feet of snow on either side
- Becoming “The English Dude” on the friday because I didn’t mention why I was there to people.
- Paske Eggs!
- My hotel room shower had 2 shower heads. One for my head, one for my butt.
- Free wifi!
- The opening show!
- Awesome stage with amazing projector and sound system! I got to use a headset mic!
- People loving my stall stuff
- Meeting some amazingly friendly people and talking about the difference between the countries
- Weird money is weird!
- Pizza at the end of the convention with some of the people I’d made friends with. Awesome end to an evening.
- Norway man and Norwegia woman!
- Selling enough that I could abandon a suitcase in Norway and not pay the extra luggage charge on the way back.
Here’s the video of the opening show. I kind of turned away at the caramelldansen bit thinking it would be like every expo, but then it got so much better. These guys are great, you can tell they worked hard, and it’s really funny.
Also, here’s a picture of Norway from my hotel room: